Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions. Please use the links to the right.
To encourage a user-friendly format, footnotes and references should be kept to an absolute minimum unless considered integral to the submitted text. This emphasis on avoiding excessive referencing is an editorial stance to try and encourage contributors to write more personal articles that do not hide behind standard academic framing devices. It is left to the discretion of individual contributors, in collaboration with their Article Editor, to decide to what extent they are able to conform to these editorial guidelines. If references are used, the author's name, date, and page numbers should appear in the text with full bibliographical references in alphabetical order at the end of the article.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
1. The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
2. The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format.
3. Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
4. The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
5. The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
Individual contributors retain the copyright to their published material, but the editorial collective would appreciate that due acknowledgement of Anthropology Matters is made when reproducing parts or the whole of articles that have previously appeared in the journal.